SUN LIFE’S #LiveBrighter Series Campaign: MillenialsFor a Financially Prepared Generation

by - August 30, 2016

In life we all have to do things that we don’t enjoy at times.

When I was younger, I dream of a good job with a high salary. I thought it was the be-all and end-all of my dreams. But when I joined the workforce and thought that my dream has become a reality, I was wrong.  Sure I can buy some things and travel once in a while but during work I feel like I’m just waiting for a day’s work to end.

I know what it feels like to be in a rut. To not feel happy on your work and seeing your dream job wilts right before you. But it’s only now I realized that it’s not a dream job at all. I was just attracted to the prestige and high salary attached to it. I now know that what I’m doing is not for a nobler cause and I was just stressing myself for a longer time. What more, I realized that I haven’t been preparing well for my future.

I further question my work life d uring the talk given by SunLife on “MillenialsFor a Financially Prepared Generation” last August 17, 2016. It made me think how the three speakers have given me the inspiration to pursue my passion. They also advocate financial foresight and planning which is a must for every Millenials as they forge ahead to their future.


As I pursue my MBA studies for nearly two years now, I also started becoming active with my writing and blogging by attending events. I do not blog to earn but the joy I experienced as I  go to events and meeting lots of people as well as disseminating information feels like a noble cause for me. But there will come a time when I’ll decide if this is for me. I have to think of my future too and whether this is a sustainable hobby.

Just like what Sun life Recruitment Manager Fin Bernardo said that night, “Millennials are known to be slashers as they juggle a lot of things live travelling, blogging, and other passion projects on top of their regular 8-5 jobs. It sounds very aspirational but how can they sustain this in terms of time and resources?”

The life of a SunLife Financial Advisor seem to be an enviable job as I listen to them talk. It is also nice to help others plan for their future finances. The door that Sun Life (of Canada) Philippines, Inc. is beckoning for us to open it and I’m excited in their future #LiveBrighter Sessions.  

The #LiveBrighter Sessions is a series of meet-ups to show how a Financial Advisor lives up to the demands and rewards of the profession. It aims to reach more Millennials and send them the message that their dream job is just here all along.

Guided by the core values of a Sun Life Financial Advisor- caring, professional, inspiring, and winning - #LiveBrighter Sessions will give a 32``path. More than the chance to earn unlimited income, it also provides perks such as all-expense travel and the freedom to work with an unbridled schedule.

With more Filipinos keen on getting insurance and investment products, the possibilities for new Advisors are endless. “We need more Financial Advisors to educate Filipinos on the importance of preparing for unexpected life’s events and offer them solutions that let them have Money for Life,” explained Bernardo.


Like me you can choose to #LiveBrighter now. Register to the next #LiveBrighter Forum by visiting bit.ly/LiveBrighter.

You May Also Like

0 comments